- VINTAGE (ALL)
- MODERN CLOTHING
- HEALTH + BEAUTY
- HOME + PAPER
- ANTIQUE QUILTS + BLANKETS
- Gift Cards
Antique multi color postage stamp flag handmade quilt coat with wide shawl collar and big pockets.
As with all antique garments, there are likely to be some spots of wear. The quilts are generally 100 years old or more, so you may find bits of character throughout the piece. It is not uncommon to see storage stains, small mends, rips, or tears throughout the garment. These are parts of the story of the garment and what's lovely about working with old textiles. The marks of the past are still here in our present.
Approx size: small/medium
Select ShopPay at checkout and pay in 4 interest-free installments but receive your item straight away!
The quilt coats in the shop are made by Potter's Daughter. Sarah is a cistern of knowledge about quilt history and somewhat of a Jill of all trades.
Care Instructions: Remember that you are wearing a piece of history. Antique garments have been here for decades and with a bit of care can last even more!
1. Spot clean with a bit of soap (we suggest any gentle or plant based one) and cold water.
2. Another method is to lightly wet your garment, turn it inside out and let it hang or lay in the sun for several hours. This time outdoors in the wind and sun was how quilts used to be cleaned and still works today. The sun is a natural disinfectant.
3. Deep clean as needed doing the following (note: we recommend coats only be cleaned 1x per year, if that): Soak in cold water with a bit of soap. Gently agitate. Let sit for a short time. Rinse and repeat with only water until the water is clear.
4. Patch and mend as necessary! You are adding to the history of the piece. Don’t be afraid to fix and repair as you see fit. Store items folded. In the off season, place your coat in a clean pillow case for safe storage.